Episode 2 – Think in Your Armor
On Episode 2, Jonesey and I discussed the value of the 1970’s DIY punk movement. Fan bases were developed via word of mouth. In today’s world, a great deal of the development relies on lifeless algorithms, that don’t know you nearly as well as they think.
Maybe it’s time to take back the art of making recommendations. We don’t need algorithms formulate preferences. They’re lazy and emotionally disconnected. Not to mention, they often include (therefore encouraging) poor interweb behavior, such as trolling! Here at the Think in Your Armor headquarters, we believe that if some form of art makes you feel good, why not recommend it to someone you care about? Maybe they won’t like it as much as you; at lease they have an opportunity to make their own decisions.
On that note, here’s my 10 song Think in Your Armor Modern Rock-Around Philly and Beyond playlist!!!
1) Modern Baseball – The Wedding Singer (Philadelphia, PA)
2) Tiny Moving Parts – Headache (Benson, MN)
3) The Front Bottoms – Cough it Out (Woodcliff Lake, NJ)
4) Joyce Manor – The Jerk (Torrance, CA)
5) PUP – If This Tour Doesn’t Kill You (Toronto, Ontario)
6) Camp Cope- Lost, Season One (Melborne, AUS)
7) Aaron West and the Roaring Twenties (
8) The Hotelier – Soft Animal (Worscester, MA)
9) Sorority Noise – Blonde Hair, Black Lungs (Hartford, CT))
10) Letlive – Good Mourning, America (Los Angeles, CA)
What about the vocals on the Camp Cope track though? Those don’t make you feel good!?!
Make an effort to recommend some art that makes you feel good….and of course, keep those Kappels locked on!